We are happy to announce that we have implemented new protocols to reduce the risk of spreading an infection to our patients and our team members. As a result, we will open our dentist office May 18 for general dental care. Please take to read the letter below to know what to expect as we reopen.
We are so very excited to announce that our dental office is once again open and able to provide dental services for you, our valued patients. Innovative Family Dentistry will reopen on Monday, May 18, 2020.
While things are certainly not “business as usual,” we wanted to let you know we are here for you in our clean, comfortable, and safe environment. Our standards are well “above and beyond” what the American Dental Association and Centers for Disease Control recommend. We love what we do and the people we do it for. We are always here for you.
Here are a few things we have done to ensure safety for everyone who comes into our office:
- All protocols, methods and materials have been reviewed to ensure that we can provide state-of-the-art sterilization, disinfection systems, and office procedures. Every solution, piece of equipment and instrument was examined to ensure safety for our patients. Safety is our #1 priority.
- Our sterilization area was completely renovated and updated in 2018 to include new autoclave sterilizers, an automated instrument washer and the addition of a Kavo Quattro Care handpiece maintenance system that allows our handpieces to be sterilized after every use.
- Weekly testing of all sterilization equipment ensures that our sterilization system is effective.
- The reception area has been cleared of all shared items, waters, coffee, and chairs to maintain the highest level of cleanliness.
- We ask that you call us (918.443.2431) upon your arrival and wait in your car until we come and get you. Any additional people who are with you should wait in your car for the duration of your appointment. This will allow us to ensure the office is cleaned and ready in-between each patient.
- We will be limiting our operations to allow for social distancing, as well as for complete disinfection of the offices between procedures.
- Our patients are scheduled in such a manner to meet and exceed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the CDC Guidelines for Disinfection and Sterilization to disinfect every surface that is touched for your maximum protection.
- Patients will be screened via phone, to keep those high-risk patients and/or those with flu-like symptoms safely at home/
- Measuring the temperature of all patients and team members before coming into the office.
- Upon entering Innovative Family Dentistry, you will be asked to sanitize your hands. Additionally, we are requesting you sanitize your hands as you leave our treatment area before entering the business area.
- At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with chlorhexidine mouth rinse. Chlorhexidine has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties.
- Team members will change into scrubs upon entering the office, so there is no transmission of anything from the outside world into our office or visa versa.
- We’re using Optim 33 TB throughout our office after each patient. It is one of the most powerful sanitizing agents available for eliminating germs, bacteria, and viruses. It has FDA approval and is the commercial-grade disinfectant in the dental industry. It is trusted by leading infection control experts and is strong enough to kill E. Coli, MRSA, Staph, Listeria, Human Coronavirus, TB, Hepatitis B Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, HIV viruses (hydrophilic and lipophilic), and bacteria (including MRSA and VRE), and fungi.
- Everything that can be bought as a disposable, we are buying. Pens, papers, and all “one-time use” items are being purchased and used.
This high level of service is just one of the many ways that we are supporting our community, and it is included in the excellent work that we do . . . we go through a comprehensive disinfection after every patient is cared for.
Dr. Joe Maltsberger and all team members here at Innovative Family Dentistry will continue to go above and beyond for our patients . . . it is second nature. For this and many other reasons, many of our patients have trusted their care with us for 39 years or more.
We very much look forward to seeing you, your family, and your friends very soon now that our dentist office is open.
Dr. Joe Maltsberger
Innovative Family Dentistry